Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer 78

I'm filling out applications to colleges where I can go while I'm working and applying to German universities. University of Texas at Dallas may be an option... I have to stick it out for a year. I'm going to make it in a year. My mom doesn't think I can do it. Reiß dich zusammen and let's do this.


Yann Tiersen is currently hogging my iTunes. What's really on my mind? Berlin summer days and nights, friends, skirts, a cold beer and a picnic in Victoria Park, cafes, the city, walks... and Berlin at night. Oh, what I wouldn't do to go back and see Berlin. I am so in love with that city. Hackescher Markt (upper right, click either picture to see it bigger) became a favorite haunt of mine last time I was in Berlin for about five days from June 6-12 (the first couple days were spent on a made-to-order kind of internship in the Bundestag and the group came on Wednesday afternoon). From the photo it's difficult to see why I like it, but you just have to go. The Hackescher Markt train station (bottom center) is my favorite out of all the stations. My next excursion as soon as I get to Berlin will be to the Hackesche Höfe Kino, an independent movie theater that reminded me of the Regal Arbor Cinema in Austin in terms of independent films, but with a much better atmosphere. The place looked so chic!


Then again, what's new? 
It's Berlin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment