Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday, Monday

Today, I attempted and failed to go to work, failing because my boss at the Goethe sent me home on account of my everlasting (or at the least, everlasting through this past weekend and beyond) cold. Don't get me wrong -- I'm not complaining in the slightest! She's more than happy to let me stay at home tomorrow as well, and I'll be quick to take her up on the offer. I've always preferred to hear the downside of things first, so bad news is that because I'm sick (and I am taking off of work, after all) I won't be able to go to the Culture Matters German-American conference in Tubingen conducted by a Columbia professor. The upside is that I came home this morning to find a cardboard Amazon package on the doorstep, which means that my Holga Starter Kit came! Naturally, a celebration dance was in order. The second part to that upside (wait, there's more?) is that I'm about to go brew some of that tea from Israel and finish Love Actually.


"Un voisin profite de la naïveté d'Amélie pour lui faire croire que son appareil a un défaut: il déclenche des accidents. Comme elle a pris des clichés toute l'après-midi, un doute affreux l'assaille le soir venu. Elle s'effondre devant la télé, accablée par la responsabilité d'un gigantesque incendie, de deux déraillements, et du crash d'un Boeing 747."




No comments:

Post a Comment